Sunday, 20 September 2015

Geotourism of Suncheon [Blog Post #3 - Unit 5 (Geotourism)]


 
Geotourism attracts people to the destination and lets them love the place themselves. It could also lead both local residents and visitors to think about environmental conservation earnestly. These days geotourism is spotlighted by the tourism industry because travelers and residents all prefer that. Particularly, Suncheon, in Jeollanam-do, is the best instance in Korea which expresses geotourism very well. There's Suncheon Bay Eco Park where Tideland Marsh remains as it is. The possible effects of geotourism in Suncheon includes that it makes the city famous and gives us the effects of preservation of the environment.

One possible effect of geotourism in Suncheon is that it enhances its image effectively. If a promotional team of Suncheon city hall didn't create the Eco Park and publicize that, most of people wouldn’t even know where Suncheon was located. Furthermore, Suncheon was recently ranked as the most popular place because of the alive mud flats. Additionally, students have chosen Suncheon as the most popular   travel destination from the ‘Toward Tomorrow’ travel package. If there wasn’t an existence of natural landscape in Suncheon, the travelers would not have a reason to come all the way there.

Another possible effect of geotourism in Suncheon is giving us the effect of preservation for the environment consistently. In case of local residents they are closely linked to their income creation. They have some pride of their eco-friendly place so they precede the preservation of the environments. Also for visitors, they could know how the environment is important for human beings if they learn about the role of the bay and the field of reeds in the ecosystem there.

2 comments:

  1. Admittedly, I'm not exactly an expert in Korean geography, but I have heard about Suncheon before! My friend recently went on the "Toward Tomorrow" train and told me about it.

    Living in Seoul, despite how convenient it obviously is, feels at times a little suffocating. The way you describe Suncheon makes it sound very green; it sounds like a place that I definitely would like to try going someday. I'm glad that geotourism was able to save the place from extreme urbanization and contaminating it shades of gray as Seoul as become. I hope they will continue to be able to preserve the lands in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Suncheon and definitely to the Suncheon Bay Eco Park. I climbed all way up to see the vast expanse of the bay. I felt the happiness!! Also, there are many creatures and things to see and enjoy. I am very glad with the promotional team of the city in that they introduced the special and beautiful place and made us chance to love and feel our places.

    ReplyDelete